Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Letting go of 'old clothes'


I stumbled upon a really nice tweet from a friend, which goes like this:

Love the feelings that I get when getting rid of old clothes. To let the past to be a past and looking forward into the future. Moving forward. - leolumpy

Which 'wowed' me for a second.

Wow because firstly I am no fan of getting rid of old clothes. If there's such an award of being 'The Clingiest Person to Old Clothes', I could have won. Mak always complained about my wardrobe looking like supermarket and the content looks like water in the sea. Because that is how they look like. I keep clothes and especially tudung from 5, 6, 7, 8 years back; when bawal is so in, and tudung with kerawang at the back is chick. Heck, I even keep the tudung I wore for night prep in high school! Skip the tudung, I even brought along almost all of my old clothes when I checked in to UIA for further study, and yes, never wear them anyway. Why eh?


not my real wardrobe, kapish?


I found letting go is hard. Not only of the old clothes. They are like metaphor of my past. I guess.

Clinging to the past is a huge burden. It's like a metal ball and chain like inmates used to wear, follows wherever they go and it's hindering the steps. And like inmates, I never wanted to be chained like that, as much as I don't want to look back to my past. People says 'why look back'? I'd say, 'it's not easy as it sounds'. The past is chained to my leg, whether I like it or not, it will be part of me for the rest of my life. It's not like I've never tried to get let go, but everytime I thought everything is resolved, seems the ball and chain are still there. My old clothes are still there. I don't want to say I am afraid of the future, but I guess at some point I am.

Maybe getting rid of the clothes is the first easy step that I can do. And I hope I can feel the feelings my dear tweet friend felt after. :)

1 comments:

Alia October 12, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Serious rindu azni!! Life is never the same without azni here with me. haha ape la khabar awak sekarangg ni... hee =)


-Elle

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP